This code contains a recodification of the general and permanent ordinances of the City of Menasha, Wisconsin.
Source materials used in the preparation of the Code were the 1989 Code, as supplemented by ordinances subsequently adopted by the Common Council. It does not contain any legislative history. The official minutes of the Common Council would contain any legislative history.
The numbering system used in this Code is the same system used in many state and local government codes. The numbering is by: Title - Chapter - Article; such as 15 - 1 - A. If a Chapter does not have any articles, then it is designated by 0. Each section consists of two parts separated by a dash. The figure before the first dash refers to the chapter number and the figure after the first dash refers to the position within the chapter. Thus, the second section of Chapter 1 is 1 - 2 and the first section of Chapter 4 is 4 - 1. Under this system, each section is identified with its chapter and at the same time new sections or even whole chapters can be inserted in their proper place by using another dash. New articles and new divisions will be numbered in the same way and may be placed at the end of the chapter embracing the subject, and, in the case of divisions, may be placed at the end of the article embracing the subject. The next successive number shall be assigned to the new article or division.
Indices and Search Mechanisms
The indices have been prepared with the greatest of care. Each particular item has been placed under several headings, some of which are couched in lay phraseology, others in legal terminology and still others in language generally used by local government officials and employees. There are numerous cross references within each index which stand as guideposts to direct the user to the particular item in which the user is interested. Search mechanisms work in the same manner as most Internet search engines.
A special feature of this publication is the ability to maintain updates as soon after passage and publication as possible. With this system, the publication will be kept up-to-date. Subsequent amendatory legislation will be inserted bi-monthly. The date of the latest update appears above.
The City Attorney and the City Clerk maintain a hard copy of this code along with all updates and amendments. For any questions, please contact either the City Clerk or City Attorney.
The Code, as published at this web-site does not contain certain sections not easily produced in this format. These include:
- All Ordinances of the Neenah-Menasha Sewerage Commission.
- Any charter ordinances.
- All zoning designations for individual parcels and the zoning map.
- Annexations by legal description.
- Legal descriptions of the boundary of the City.
- Any right or franchise granted by the Common Council to any person, firm, or corporation, specifically cable television.
- Any ordinances or resolutions dedicating, naming, establishing, locating, relocating, opening, closing, paving, widening, vacating any street or public way in the City.
- Any ordinance or resolution establishing or prescribing street grades of any streets in the City.
- Any ordinance or resolution providing for local improvements or assessing taxes or special assessments.
- Any ordinance or resolution dedicating or accepting any plat or subdivision in the City.
- Any ordinance or resolution promising or guaranteeing the payment of money for the City.
- Any appropriation ordinance or resolution.
- The issuance of Corporate bonds and notes of the City of whatever name or description.
- Water, sewer, and electric rates, rules and regulations and sewer and water main construction.
- Any flood plain designation or maps.
- City of Menasha Emergency Operations Plan.
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category